We are resurrected when…
- We reach out to say, “I love you.”
- We really let something hurtful go, and we don’t pick it up again.
- We give freely without hope of recompense. We do small things with love.
- We wake up to the now, and see the beauty that is all around us.
- We are grateful for a hot cup of coffee or sunlight bouncing on a vase of flowers.
- We ignore social standings and bank accounts in others.
- We dare to use our gifts.
- We give and receive loving or kind touch.
- We welcome the stranger.
from Healing Troubled Hearts by Lyn Holley Doucet, pages 190-191