“Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, ‘We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus. . . ‘” (John 1:40-42 a).
The first thing Andrew did upon recognizing Jesus as Messiah was find his brother Simon and tell him about Jesus. Wrestling with this passage raises questions in my mind.
- Do I have the same sense of urgency about telling people about Jesus?
- Do I tell people about Jesus?
- Do I talk/argue religion with people or tell them about Jesus?
- If telling people about Jesus is not a priority, have I really believed?
- If I am not telling people about Jesus, am I really following Jesus?
- When is the last time I have told someone, “Jesus is God?”
- When is the last time I have talked to someone about following Jesus?
Thank you for Your Son, Jesus.
Forgive me for starting religious discussions.
Fill my heart with love, that I may talk about Jesus.
And give me a sense of priority, even urgency about these conversations.
In Jesus’ name,