Psalms 100:4-5 NIV
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
When I gather with my church family to worship Almighty God, I do so with a thankful heart. After all, when I worship I not only honor God for who He is, but I spend much of my time acknowledging what God has done.
- I sing songs about God demonstrating His love through Jesus.
- I listen to God through a passage that recalls His grace.
- I remember God’s lovingkindness in the bread and cup.
- I celebrate God’s material blessings in the offering.
- I experience God’s encouragement with His family all around.
- I join the family in speaking to God with words of praise.
- I confess sins while celebrating God’s forgiveness.
- I rejoice as the community acknowledges God’s healing hand.
If I really want to be ready for church Sunday, I just need to spend a little time with this psalm. God is good. God’s love never ends. God is forever faithful.
No wonder it is so easy to enter His gates with thanksgiving!