Here is a list of cheap (sometimes free) things you can do with your children over the Thanksgiving holidays or perhaps an upcoming weekend. I have collected this list from a variety of sources.
1. Have a reading marathon.
2. Write stories together.
3. Play soccer.
4. Paint or draw together.
5. Create a hiding place in your living room out of blankets or boxes.
6. Go on a hike.
7. Have a sunset picnic at a park.
8. Play board games.
9. Play kickball (invent crazy rules).
10. Get up early and have a sunrise breakfast.
11. Use a simple recipe to make a new dish.
12. Go to a playground.
13. Play hide-and-seek.
14. Try making animal shapes with balloons.
15. Ride bikes together.
16. Visit an animal shelter.
17. Tell Bible stories.
18. Have a scavenger hunt.
19. Play card games.
20. Bake cookies together.
21. Create a blog together.
22. Create a scrapbook.
24. Make play dough from scratch.
25. Design hand-painted T-shirts.
26. Watch people at a public place and make up imaginary stories about them.
27. Visit shut-ins.
28. Write prayers for family.
29. Make milkshakes.
30. Play freeze tag.
31. Create a treasure hunt for them (leaving clues around the house or yard).
32. Create a family information book.
33. Fly kites.
34. Play loud music and dance crazy.
35. Paint each other’s faces.
36. Have a water balloon fight.
37. Explore your yard and look for insects.
38. Make hot chocolate.
39. Play in the rain.
40. Make mud pies.
41. Blow bubbles.
42. Build new inventions with Legos and then describe the inventions.
43. Play with squirt guns.
44. Play wiffleball.
45. Bake a cake and decorate it.
46. Make a gingerbread house.
47. Play basketball.
48. Learn to juggle.
49. Walk barefoot in the grass.
50. Build paper airplanes and have a flying contest.